Tips for Choosing a RV Motorcycle Carrier
If you have a recreational vehicle (RV) and a motorcycle, there is no reason that you have to leave one behind when you want to travel. Many people opt to use an RV motorcycle carrier to transport their bike so that they have an easy and inexpensive method of transportation once they arrive at their destination. RV motorcycle carrier options abound, making it easier than ever before to take your motorcycle along with you on your next journey!
RV Motorcycle Carrier Styles
In researching RV motorcycle carrier styles, you will find that there are many to choose from. From RV motorcycle carrier options that include electric motorcycle lifts that fold when not in use, to ones that swing out, allowing access to the back of the vehicle, there are plenty of choices. There are some things that you will want to keep in mind and look for when choosing an RV motorcycle carrier, including:
• Decide whether or not you want a swing out style of RV motorcycle carrier, electric lift style, or still another option.
• Determine if you will be using the RV motorcycle carrier for anything other than carrying a motorcycle. If so, you want to make sure that it will be able to adequately carry that item as well. For example, if you want to be able to carry a scooter at times, you will need to make sure the RV motorcycle carrier you choose can easily carry it as well.
• Find out what the carrying capacity is on your RV. You will want to make sure that you safely stay within your weight limits, including that for the rear axle. If you overload the rear axle with more weight than it can bear, you may damage your RV.
• Keep the ground clearance in mind that the RV motorcycle carrier provides. You will want to make sure the RV motorcycle carrier keeps the motorcycle up off the ground enough that it will not be a problem on steep roads.
• Make sure you get an RV motorcycle carrier that is easy to use. The last thing you want is to struggle with an RV motorcycle carrier and get frustrated. It should allow for an easy on and easy off process.
• Look for an RV motorcycle carrier that does not require maintenance. This way, it is one thing you will not have to worry about the upkeep on.
Hitting the Road
For your next RV trip, plan to take along your motorcycle using an RV motorcycle carrier, so you have a quick and affordable way to cruise around once you reach your destination. An RV motorcycle carrier is an inexpensive way to do just that. It makes the transport efficient and easy. Give it a try, and you will likely never leave home in your RV again without using an RV motorcycle carrier!